If you have an account on Gmail already, you may take advantage of the marvelous feature of Gmail filters, which allows you to sort out your letters automatically. The feature works the following way: according to the conditions you have specified, the letters will be sorted out. At the end, the system will do an action you have chosen for those sorted letters. There is nothing difficult in creating a filter, since you have just to stick to the instructions, published below. If you still don’t have an account on Gmail but you want to make use of this feature, create account Gmail or sign up Gmail.
Sign in to your account and start using the feature of Gmail filters
- First of all, enter the website of Google by launching the browser and go to the following page: http://google.com/.
Once you have entered your password here, click on the “Sign in” button
- Then, find a blue “Sign in” button, located in the right-upper corner. After you have spotted the button, give it a click.
In order to access your Gmail account, give a click to this text button
- Proceed further by choosing the Gmail account you wish to access. You are able to do it by giving a simple click to the respective account.
- On the next page, you have to complete the Gmail sign in procedure. Enter the password and click on “Sign in.”
On the page of settings, you will be able to create new Gmail filters
- Right after doing so, you will get to see the main page of Google again, yet, at this point, you will be logged in. Find a text button “Gmail” (placed at the top) and click on it.
- After doing that action, you will access your Gmail account. Now, go to the settings of Gmail by clicking on the button of settings in the shape of a cogwheel (in the right-upper part). In the opened pop-up menu, click on “Settings.”
This way looks the page of Gmail filters
- In the sections of settings, you need to click on “Filters and Blocked Addresses.”
- On this page, you are able to manage and create new Gmail filters. Click on “Create a new filter.”
By specifying certain conditions, you are able to make your mail automatically sorted out
- Then, you will see a window with criteria, according to which you can sort your mail out. Specify the criteria you wish in the given five fields: From (who sent you the letter), To (who received the letter), Subject (what’s written in the subject), Has the words (has the specified words in the letter), and Doesn’t have (doesn’t have the specified words in the letter). Also, you can sort out the mail according to size, absence/presence of attachments, and include/exclude chats.
- After specifying the settings of the filter, you can either have a look at the sorted mail (by clicking on the search button) or set up such a filter immediately (by clicking on the “Create filter..” text button).
Click on this button is the last step in setting up a Gmail filter
- Once you have clicked to set up a filter, you will see many options of what you can do with the sorted mail. Place a tick near the suitable option and click on “Create filter.”
If you want to find more detailed tips and guides about Gmail, visit: https://accountcreatenew.com/gmail/